Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New and Improved

So, my new "transform myself" resolution is now on week four.  I've cut out all soda (regular and diet) and am down to drinking one cup of coffee in the morning, the rest of my fluid intake is water.  Trying to drastically reduce my sugar intake and have eliminated grains from my diet.  I have not really been hungry at all.  I really believe the key is eliminating the soda.  Where I come from, we call it "pop", but I was afraid anyone reading this would have no clue what POP was, so I'll stick with soda.  There is something in my Diet Coke that makes me want to eat and eat and eat.  Also, a big bowl of potato chips don't sound so good when your only option is to wash them down with a big glass of water.  I read Mark's Daily Apple every day.  Great site for nutrition information.

The workout/fitness side of "transform myself" has been so challenging, but yet I am strangely excited about going to the gym or "box" as they call it in the Crosffit/OPT world.  I am lifting weights I never thought I could attempt and doing things I thought I was too old and out of shape to do.  The workouts are always challenging, but scaled to each individual's ability.  Today I did bench press, pull-ups, one arm kettlebells, clapping pushups (on a bench), and lots of stretching.  The trainers are fantastic.  Anyone looking to make major changes should check out Crossfit and OPT.  I know some of the workouts/movements are intimidating, but you can do it.  I'm 41 and am doing all the workouts, modified for my ability of course. 

No comments: