Friday, January 28, 2011

Crafty or Procrastination???

During the cold winter months here in the Midwest, I always get the crafting bug.  I get very ambitious, buy lots of supplies, and then I invariably complete only a small percentage of my intended projects.  I spend hours on craft blogs looking at all the cool crafts everyone else has completed.  Well, this week I actually completed a project I found on a blog.  I have some friends who had adorable twin girls back in August. Yes, this means they are 5 months old, and I had yet to buy a baby gift.  Yes, I know you are all thinking "Wow, can I be her friend, she's AWESOME."

So, I found this tutorial, Lil Blue Boo, and it was easy and fun.  I am no seamstress, but the skirts were, as LittleDarlin says,"easy peasy lemon squeezy."  All straight seams, it doesn't get any easier than that.  Here are some pics:


Can't wait to give this gift! 

Sometimes I think I like crafting so much because it keeps me from doing things like laundry and cleaning.  So, I tend to think of it as "productive procrastination."

No comments: