Saturday, March 13, 2010
Boot Scootin' Baseline
So, my daughter aka Little Darlin takes tennis lessons. She is in a group with about 12 other children ages 5-6. I assume since this tennis club is located in a fairly affluent area, there will be some serious tennis playing kids. So, I go all out buying her a $12 sport skirt from Target, hoping she'll blend in with the rest of the kids. You would have thought Serena Williams herself had shown up to class. I mean, my kid stuck out like a sore thumb. I would have though it was Halloween. These kids' get-ups (one of my mom's favorite terms) were unbelievable. One girl had on pajamas, one kid had on corduroys and a sweater, another had her Catholic school uinform and dress shoes on, another had on COWBOY BOOTS! That's right - I said cowboy boots. Now, I don't expect anyone to be decked out in full tennis regalia, but would it have been so difficult to get your child into a pair of shorts, t-shirt, and a pair of appropriate shoes. I'm not sure what Little Darlin will wear next week.... any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment